Chili powder is used in many different cuisines, including American cuisine, particularly in Tex-Mex, Chinese, Indian, Korean, Mexican, Portuguese, and Thai. Chili powder blends are the primary flavor ingredient in chili con carne. It is used as a spice to add pungency or piquancy and flavor to dishes.
- Helps with Osteoarthritis: Chili power can act as an anti-inflammatory agent, which helps decrease swelling of sore joints and increases blood flow.
- Settles the Stomach: Though many associate chili powder with causing upset stomach, it actually prevents acid reflux and kills the bacteria that causes stomach ulcers.
- Fights Fat: The capsaicin compound found in chili powder revs your metabolism, which increases your fat burning skills.
- Builds Immunity: The fiery spice contains vitamin C, acting as an antioxidant to strengthen the immune system and heal injuries and infections.
- Sexual Arousal: Capsaicin also stimulates sexual arousal by prompting the release of feel-good endorphins.