Dried Muskmelon (Shamam)
- Manages Hypertension
- Improves your vision
- Helps in losing weight
- Helps in controlling diabetes
- Acts as an immunity booster
- Wow, it's also cholesterol free
- Soothes Stomach ulcers
The muskmelon, scientifically known as “cucumis melo,” gets its name from the musky aroma it produces when ripe. The fruit is also known as a cantaloupe. Nutritionally, muskmelon is a high fiber fruit, with an abundance of vitamins A and C, and potassium. This makes muskmelon a nutrient-dense food, meaning its nutritional benefits outweigh its calorie content.
Incredible Health Benefits of Muskmelon
- Manages Hypertension– Being rich in potassium, the fruit helps in regulating blood pressure.
- Improves your vision– Muskmelons contain high dosage of vitamin A which actually strengthens the eye muscles and protects it from future problems.
- Helps in losing weight– Muskmelons have negligible fat content and good percentage of potassium which helps in maintaining weight.
- Helps in controlling diabetes– Due to the fiber content and negligible fat, this wonder fruit also controls blood sugar levels very effectively.
- Acts as an immunity booster– Vitamin C in muskmelon strengthens immunity. They stimulate the production of white blood cells that help fight infections.
- Wow, it’s also cholesterol free– These are absolutely cholesterol free, which means that you don’t need to worry about cholesterol when munching a muskmelon.
- Soothes Stomach ulcers– The high quantity of vitamin C in melons helps in curing ulcer problems.