Caraway seeds are known as Shah Jeera (Sajeera or Kala Jeera) and are between dark brown to black color.
They are native to western Asia, Europe and Northern Africa.
The plant is similar in appearance to other members of the carrot family, with finely divided, feathery leaves with thread-like divisions, growing on 20–30 cm stems. The main flower stem is 40–60 cm tall, with small white or pink flowers in umbels.
- Kaala Jeera has stimultant, antispasmodic, stomachic, carminative, hypolipidemic, antibacterial, astringent, and sedative properties
- Kala Jeera effectively increases body metabolism. It is useful to treat skin diseases like the eczema, dry skin and psoriasis.
- Daily use of kala jeera in food helps in improving memory, controlling diabetes by reducing blood sugar level.
- It acts on female reproductive system which reduces inflammation of the uterus.
- It is helpful in improving prenatal health in pregnant women. It is helpful for lactating mothers by providing high iron content and milk production.
- The powder form assists in cancer treatment due to its powerful activities in radical scavenging, by slowing down development of colon and breast cancer cells.
- Carway tea is helpful in relieving digestive disorders by relaxing the intestines and reduces itching.
- Helps to stop bleeding from the gums
- Cures mouth ulcers
- Reduces foul smell
- Heals aching part of the body